Friday, October 24, 2008

We Have A Date....

Drew has been going to a specialist for his shoulders and after an x-ray and an MRI he needs surgery. I am so not looking forward to this but I am so grateful that he works so hard for our family and that we have good insurance. He will get to come home after the surgery, so no extra stays at the hospital (thank goodness cause I am a bit paranoid when I am home by my self with the kids at night). Anyway, we are just doing one shoulder at a time, easier that way for both of us. He is excited for the pain, popping, dislocations, etc. to be gone. I am happy that it is fixable so his pain will be gone. Okay so it is set for Nov. 20. The hospital will call when it is time to come in, we are hoping for as early as possible. He won't be able to eat ANYTHING after midnight the night before, so he wants to get in ASAP so he can get in get it done and come home. I have to say I am a little scared. Surgeries of all kinds scare me, especially when they are put to sleep and cut open. I also know that this is a bit in advanced but for those of you who read this could you please keep Drew in your prayers, and maybe me that i can get through this too ;) thanks!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

ABSOLUTELY!! Please let us know what we can do to help. We're just around the corner, ya know.

The Couch Family said...

Drew and you all will be in our prayers and thoughts!

Mark and Lachelle said...

That's great your husband is able to have surgery and help take away the pain he's been having. I've never had to have surgery myself, but I can't imagine it's too fun. I hope all goes well, and your family will be in our prayers!

Skylette said...

We will for sure keep you guys in our prayers! How long will he need to be in 'recovery'?

Cecily said...

Good luck with the upcoming surgery. You and your little fam will definitely be in my prayers!!